Search Offerings – Retained Search
At Bedford Executive Search & Consulting, we offer three types of searches for our clients, each with its own distinct benefits. Below you will find information pertaining to our Retained Search Process.
Our Retained Search Model entails an upfront retainer fee for services provided. This type of search is reserved for roles typically at the VP through C-level, or for niche type, hard-to-fill roles that require a tailored approach. When you engage Bedford Executive Search & Consulting to conduct a Retained Search on your behalf, you enter into an exclusive agreement where we are the only search firm working to fill your role. We represent our Client Company, not the engaged talent. Payment terms are usually a third of our fee paid upfront to engage the search, with another third due at an agreed upon time (usually within 30-45 days or when a certain amount of candidates are presented), with the remaining third due upon represented talent accepting a position with our client’s organization. In this capacity, we act as a true search consultant and partner, advising our Client Company on the search process and thoroughly identifying, qualifying and reviewing potential candidates.
BENEFITS OF RETAINED SEARCH
- Creation of a recruitment strategy and ideal talent profile
- Research of competitive talent landscape and client competitors
- Positioning & profiling of passive talent and initial talent contact
- Directly identify, contact and qualify candidates who are currently doing the job our client has retained us to fill
- Identify and make contact with the best talent in the marketplace, regardless of location or industry
- Conduct interviews of all prospective candidates in person, regardless of location
- Submit only the best qualified candidates
- Candidates belong to our client and are not shared with with other clients for other searches we are conducting; complete exclusivity
- Bedford Executive Search & Consulting takes on a limited number of engagements at any given time to ensure that our client’s search is a top priority
- Provide reporting details on who we have spoken with and their responses – this information can prove to be valuable in refining or redirecting search efforts, identifying the perception of our client in the marketplace, and provides residual value by identifying key talent for future needs
- Confidentiality – we understand the importance of discretion and confidentiality when conducting searches for our clients